Deployments with Terraform
Deploy stack recipes without having to install ZenML
As mentioned in the overview, you can still use the recipe without having using the
zenml stack recipeCLI commands or even without installing ZenML. Since each recipe is a group of Terraform modules, you can simply use the Terraform CLI to perform apply and destroy operations.
- 1.🎨 Customize your deployment by editing the default values in the
- 2.🔐 Add your secret information like keys and passwords into the
values.tfvars.jsonfile which is not committed and only exists locally.
- 3.Initialize Terraform modules and download provider definitions.terraform init
- 4.Apply the recipe.terraform apply
For outputs that are sensitive, you'll see that they are not shown directly on the logs. To view the full list of outputs, run the following command:
To view individual sensitive outputs, use the following format. Here, the metadata password is being obtained.
terraform output metadata-db-password
- 1.🗑️ Run the destroy function to clean up all resources.terraform destroy